According to an article in the Wall Street Journal, Former owner and CEO of ForSaleByOwner.com has recently sold his home; with the help of a real estate broker and at 6% commission. Realtors have been claiming FSBO selling is less effective and bring the sellers less money for years now. For Sale By Owner sites tout the idea of more money in your pocket and selling in less time. The fact is there are many reasons why you should have a Realtor on your side when you sell your Houston Home. We’ve outlined just a few below:
- MLS Access – There are over 37,000 agents in the Houston Metro area. Listing your home in the MLS gives all of those agents instant access to your home.
- Legal issues – There are many things that can go wrong in a home sale. Realtors are trained to watch for trouble and know how to handle it when problems arise.
- Staging – A Realtor who is familiar with your neighborhood knows what you’re up against. They will know how much work you need to put into your home to make it stand out among the competition.
- Pricing – Having an accurate list of comparable sales is the key to selling your home for a reasonable price for your neighborhood. The more competitively priced your home is, the faster it will be under contract.
- Feedback – Your Realtor can speak with the Buyer’s Realtor to find out how they felt about your home. This feedback allows you to make subtle changes to your home to make it more marketable and more likely to receive an offer.
- Less Frustration and Hassle – Let a Realtor do the work for you. They already have marketing systems in place to get your home in front of the maximum number of buyers.
- Simplicity – Selling a home is not like selling a car. There are many other legal issues involved that most sellers don’t know anything about. Realtors are educated in these matters and can even help you consult an attorney if one becomes necessary.
- Cost – While agents do charge a commission, these fees are paid upon closing your transaction. If you don’t close, you don’t pay. If you sell your home on your own, you have to pay marketing fees up front to list your home on websites and in newspapers and then hope you find a buyer.
There are many other reasons. If you’d like to know more, contact us today to discuss your options for working with The CHRIS WYLIE TEAM to sell your Houston home.