Tax Free Weekend!
The Texas Tax free weekend is here! Aug 9-11 you can purchase items such as backpacks, clothing and footware and even school supplies, tax free at local retailers. There are some restrictions so please make sure you visit
THIS LINK to learn all the rules before you head out.
Some important things to remember:
- Schools supplies must be under $100 (per item) and must be intended for use by an elementary or secondary student
- Tax is due on sales of accessories, including jewelry, handbags, purses, briefcases, luggage, umbrellas, wallets, watches and similar items
- Tennis shoes, jogging suits and swimsuits qualify for the exemption but athletic gear like cleats or football pads do not
- The exemption does not include items that are reasonably defined as luggage, briefcases, athletic/duffle/gym bags, computer bags, purses or framed backpacks
- Up to ten backpacks can be purchased with the exemption