As we approach the annual recognition of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr, there are many activities taking place locally to honor him and the impact he had on this country during his life. Different events will take place over the next week with several events taking place on Monday, January 20. Pick an event to attend to honor Dr. King’s impact that is still felt today.
- Pearland MKLCC Scholarship Banquet – This event will take place on January 11 and feature the founder of PACE Youth Programs as the guest speaker.
- Annual MLK Celebration – This annual event at Texas Southern University will explore the influence of MLK and the Civil Rights Movement on the environmental justice movement.
- MLK Youth Parade – Featuring 20 marching bands and drawing up to 200,000 people, this is a can’t miss event.
- MLK Battle of the Bands – More than 20 marching bands will battle it out this year coming from as far away as Arkansas, California, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma and Tennessee.
- Scholarship Breakfast – This 32nd annual event will challenge attendees with “Challenging the Present to Live the Dream.”
- Parade and Celebration – Parade presented by The Black Heritage Society.
- MLK Day at Children’s Museum of Houston – Hear Dr. King’s most famous speech, enjoy a performance by the Providence Jazz Ensemble and watch a screening of Martin’s Big Words.
This is a great day with many ways to learn about the significance of Martin Luther King, Jr Day with other members of your community.
The Chris Wylie Team is your ultimate real estate resource for Houston, The Woodlands, Spring, Cypress, Katy, Tomball and the surrounding areas. Visit our website for for detailed information regarding today’s real estate market.