Most of us are home more than normal right now due to the COVID-19 pandemic that is sweeping the world. While you may be missing the activities you normally participate in outside of your home, make the most of this extra time at home and tackle some simple DIY projects around the house. Select projects that will improve the value of your home, increase your enjoyment of it or update an area that needs a change. You don’t have to be super handy or have thousands of tools to tackle many projects. Here are some simple ideas you can handle yourself.
- Add a board and batten wall in your home with this simple DIY technique. Don’t plan to do the entire house. Start with one hall or room. This should be an accent not the entire house.
- Update your dated brass fixtures with this simple project. Start with one bath and go from there.
- Frame your bathroom mirror for a finished look you will love.
- Try this genius fix to that unusable kitchen drawer. Stylish and functional.
- Update your oak stair bannister to a modern finish. This will make a major difference in your home.
- Add molding to doors and windows for a more finished appearance.
- Open shelves can be functional and fun. Use them in various places for an easy addition to your home.
- Nothing dates your home more than mismatched electrical outlets that scream I was born in the 80’s (or before.) Follow these steps to swap your outlet and switches to white.
- If your home is chaotic on most days. A mudroom wall will add instant organization to your home.
Don’t try to tackle too many projects at one time. Make a list and complete each one before you start on the next project. All of these projects can be done with simple tools and supplies that you can find at your local hardware store. Simple changes like these can make a nice impact and update your space in as little as a few hours.
The Chris Wylie Team is your ultimate real estate resource for Houston, The Woodlands, Spring, Cypress, Katy, Tomball and the surrounding areas. Visit our website for for detailed information regarding today’s real estate market.