Chances are very good that you have spent more time at home in the last few months than the last few years. While the slower pace is welcome for many people, it’s also easy to go a little stir crazy. Being at home doesn’t have to mean you are bored. If you have children at home too, it becomes even more critical to have a little fun so everyone can relax during this stressful time. There are lots of things you can do to have fun without putting yourself and your family at risk. Here are 10 simple ideas for children, adults and the whole family to save your sanity and have an evening of enjoyment.
- Movie night under the stars. The whole family can get involved in this one. Whether you build a simple DIY movie screen or just project a movie onto a sheet on the back fence, this is easy and a fun change to movies on the couch again. Here are some classic movie options if you can’t watch the same DVD one more time.
- Put a new spin on date night with a virtual cooking class with your partner. Put the kids to bed early, pick a class you would both enjoy and cook and dine together.
- Cupcake wars family style can be a lot of fun. Depending on the age of those involved, you can make the cupcakes completely or just decorate them if younger kids are participating. Set a time limit and give everyone the same supplies then designate a theme and see what everyone comes up with.
- Virtual traveling can take you places all over the world. Have everyone pick a destination then enjoy your adventure. How else can you go around the world in one night and still sleep in your own bed?
- It is pretty hot right now but try a dinner picnic to get outside a little bit. Pack outdoor friendly foods and grab a blanket. Have each family member make a different course and see what kind of creative dishes you can enjoy.
- Try a new hobby that you have always wanted to do. Order your supplies online and then use YouTube to learn. Whether you want to knit, paint, make jewelry, you can do just about anything you can think of.
- DIY Escape rooms can be a lot of fun. Surely, you can escape from your own house.
- If you are missing out on your annual camping trip, pitch the tent in the backyard and spend a couple nights outside. Camping has never been easier with real bathrooms a few steps away and a refrigerator for all your food. You just eliminated the hard parts of camping so you have more time for fun.
- Set up a wine tasting with your spouse for after the kids go to bed. For even more fun, only pick new wines and get out of your comfort zone. If wine isn’t your thing, try new cheeses or even gourmet potato chips!
- You can never go wrong with game night. Whether you want to order a new game or play an old standby, everyone will enjoy this classic. Combine with easy finger foods for dinner for even more fun.
See, staying at home doesn’t have to be boring. What have you been doing for fun?
The Chris Wylie Team is your ultimate real estate resource for Houston, The Woodlands, Spring, Cypress, Katy, Tomball and the surrounding areas. Visit our website for for detailed information regarding today’s real estate market.