5 Tips for Making an Outdoor Living Space on a Budget
With summer just arriving in full force you’ll be spending more and more time outdoors. Here are some tips from Better Homes and Gardens for creating a great outdoor space on a family friendly budget!
1. To minimize wear and tear and maximize longevity, use outdoor fabrics and synthetic fill.
2. Instead of standard indoor countertop materials, opt for stone or create a custom concrete countertop. You can customize the look with tiles or stones.
3. An outdoor kitchen can get expensive but you only need a cold water line unless you’re planning to wash dishes and you can get that from the garden hose. Use a stainless steel bowl or container as a sink and put the grey water in your surrounding plants.
4. You can use fabric curtains attached with velcro to hide inexpensive storage containers. This is much more cost effective than buying custom cabinetry.
5. Instead of an expensive mini refrigerator, hide a regular ice chest with a custom wooden box.
For these and more great ideas for a great outdoor space on a budget, check out the full article from Better Homes and Gardens.