This year has thrown Houston some unusual weather. Often, agents will recommend taking your home off the marketing during the cold, winter months. Some reasons they give are:
- It’s cold so less people will be out looking at houses
- People are too busy to look for houses during the holidays
- No one wants to move in the middle of the school year
- The market is slower during the winter months
All of these things are 100% true. However, if you want to sell your home, here are a few reasons why winter is the PERFECT time to list it for sale:
- The people looking at homes now are more likely to be serious buyers and less likely to be “just looking.”
- People who are home shopping during the holidays are often being relocated or forced to move by some other unforseen event.
- Sometimes a move is predicated by a desire for a better educational desire. In some instances, this can be necessary, even in the middle of a school year.
- Many sellers pull their homes off the market when the weather starts to cool and don’t relist until the spring. This means less competition for your listing.
If you’ve considered listing your home for sale and hesitated because it’s cold outside, it’s time to reconsider. Contact The Chris Wylie Team today for your complimentary Home Valuation and see if your home could sell, even in the colder months.