We’ve already covered the importance of staging your home if when it’s for sale during the holidays. Now let’s talk about getting back to normal once the holidays have passed. Between the wrapping paper, gift bags and tags, gift cards, party supplies and holiday decorations, our houses tend to get messy during the holidays. If your home is on the market, it’s extra important to keep things tidy. In January, the showings may start up again as people recover from the holidays and resume their home search. Here are some helpful tips if your home is on the market.
- Take down the tree and lights
- Remove holiday decorations
- Move furniture back to its original configuration (staged for optimum viewing during showings)
- Break down gift and shipping boxes and recycle them
- If you have a real Christmas tree, take it to a recycling station
- Go through toys and clothes to purge duplicates you got as gifts
- If your holiday decorations were up when you had your listing photos taken, now is a great time to consider getting new photos taken
Keeping your home show ready means less cancelled showings and more eyes on your listed home. If you need staging help after the holidays, give The Chris Wylie Team a call.